miércoles, 1 de octubre de 2014






Welcome to my blog! My name is Meritxell Martell, most people know me as Meri. 
I studied environmental sciences at the Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona and graduated in 1998, after being awarded an Erasmus grant to undertake the final dissertation at the University of East Anglia in Norwich, UK. I liked it so much that I stayed there for three more years. I had a Marie Curie fellowship of the European Commission and a Batista Roca fellowship of the Catalan Government to undertake my PhD in the School of Environmental Sciences. 
The title of my PhD was "Public participation in the Spanish transition to sustainability. The implementation of Local Agenda 21 in Catalonia" (2002). It was supervised by Prof. Tim O'Riordan and Dr. Andrew Jordan, to whom I am still deeply grateful. 
Currently I have my own consultancy. I help international organisations to develop guidance and projects on stakeholder involvement and controversial environmental facilities involving elements of risk. I participate in different European projects, collaborating with universities, companies, research institutes, etc., to develop communication and stakeholder involvement strategies in the field of energy, nuclear energy, radioactive waste, carbon capture and storage, etc.    
I love working and networking! And also sports and travelling!! 
 




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario